MyADU4Less ADU Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ):
Every person who is exploring the concept of building an ADU on their property has many questions. We try to answer many of the questions we are frequently asked…but it is not an exhaustive list. This is big decision – so feel free to contact our ADU experts to help you make the decision if an ADU is right for you !!!
Accessory dwelling units (ADUs) are additional homes built on existing single or multifamily residential properties. They’re also known as backyard homes, guest houses, casitas, mother- in-law units, and granny flats. There are many different types of ADUs, including both separate structures located in a back or side yard (detached) and conversions of existing spaces such as basements, attics, and garages (attached). MyADU4Less specializes in Detached ADUs.
We are prefabricated construction specialists. Our ADUs are built in a factory to ANSI – American National building code (Tiny Homes), Federal/HUD building code (Manufactured Home) or CBC/Local Building code (MyADU4Less Home). We choose to build prefabricated construction as we have more control over time line and quality of construction. Also prefabricated construction is less disruptive to residents of home and neighborhood as our time onsite is minimal.
The primary home will not be reassessed—ADUs do not trigger Prop 13. Typically your property tax will be recalculated based on a blended assessment, which will increase your annual property tax by about 1 percent of the value of the ADU.
The Silver and Gold floor plans have limited options to change floor plans but interior of units do have some flexibility and upgrades available. ModPro series is a custom plan and we can make changes to these plans and /or create a custom floor plan.
Our standard Silver/Gold flooring options include carpet and linoleum, with the option to upgrade to vinyl plank. ModPro has Vinyl Plan and Engineered Wood options.
In most cities ADUs are allowed to connect to primary home’s water, sewer, electricity and gas. MyADU4Less will make these connections.
Our units Silver/Gold ADUs come outfitted with a gas or electric furnace and the ModPro has a Mini Split system. Both are A/C ready.
That is a question only you can answer but we can provide a few reasons why it might:
- You need extra space for aging parents or kids and its expensive for them to live in an apartment
- You want extra income and have unused space on your property.
- As an example – in many areas of Southern California a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment is $2000 per month. If you finance a $200,000 ADU with a home refinance and use the equity of your home – typical payments on this loan is $900-$1000 / month . Economically it seems to make sense as it can save family members on rent or help you earn $ every month. Contact us to help you choose the Right ADU for you!!
We love getting referrals and helping friends / family / clients build their own home of ADU. We will send a referral fee to you if they build a new home or an ADU with us..
- Contact Office to Complete a Registration Form at 951 679 9907
- Refer Family Friends
- Get $750: for a referral that builds a new home/ ADU with USModular